{Travel} Home to the States

Wednesday, May 4, 2016


By the time that you are reading this, I will be back in the states. Safely snuggled next to my boyfriend in the car on the way to his family's house from the airport.  Then home to my house on Friday.

My time here in Ireland has been incredible to say the least. I've learned a lot about myself, as I traveled around Ireland and other countries with just a backpack, done things outside of my comfort zone, and made friends with strangers. I've found a home here in Ireland, and I have this unexplained feeling of being torn; I am so ready to go home, to be reunited with my boyfriend and family, but also so not ready to leave. 

I can't describe how beautiful Ireland is. It is so green, the people are so kind, and views oh so beautiful. My great-great-great grandmother was from Ireland, county WestMeath. While I wasn't able to visit there and try to find out more about her, I have fallen in love with the country that was her home. I want to bring my own family here someday, to show them Ireland with all it's beauty, and mysteries, show them its glory. 

I'm proud to be Irish, and I'm grateful I had the chance to live in this beautiful place. I'm going to miss it so much. 

Sláinte. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)